Friday, July 17, 2009

The laundry is definitely not done!

Note to self...when keeping more than three children, drink lots of caffeine and eat lots of chocolate.

I have inherited (until Monday) my niece and two nephews. Yes, I have 6 children in my house at this very moment.

No, I have not lost my mind, I will be sending them to my mother's after 5:00 pm today and pick them up again on Monday.

We are coping with each disaster as it comes...Sam is hungry and belts out a healthy cry, Ryan has fallen down again and is bleeding, Luke needs to go potty but is afraid it will hurt, Elizabeth is constantly trailing one of the little boys to keep them out of trouble, Michaela has made a tent and is hiding from the boys, and Wyatt has decided to keeping his door closed and yells when anyone comes in. I am on my second Pepsi of the day and it is only 11:00 am.

This may sound like a complete failure of parenting or being a good aunt, but each child is fed, dry, and smiling. Sam is so sweet, he wakes with a wide grin. Luke has given me some of the best hugs I have gotten all week. Ryan has grown up in two days...he now sleeps in his own bed and drinks from a regular cup. Elizabeth is my saving grace...she has helped at every turn without complaint. Michaela uses her imagination to entertain us all and Wyatt, well he does read to the boys occasionally.

I love the the sound of feet running on the tile and the kind of laughs that you just can't help but laughing along with. All of this craziness just means that we are family and I would not have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment